Pages

Thursday, September 6, 2012

September 5, 2012

My Son’s Hair
Personal Guard

I love my son's hair. He was born with so much hair and I think it took us about a week to get all the blood and other bodily-fluid-goodness out of it. I love his hair. For the past 4 months he has been slowly losing his new baby hair, partly due to a growing scalp and partly due to him rubbing it off while he's on his back. I love it.

New hair is coming in, slowly, but it's not what you see when you first look at his head. He's got this little swirl of locks right on the top of his head. It forms A perfect little nest. Matter of fact, that's what we call it: his "bird's nest". When he tilts his head back the nested hair falls out and looks sort of like a spring. I LOVE it.

Immediately below his bird's nest he's pretty bald but immediately below THAT, right at the base of his head, is a small circular patch of long hair. It's what some might call a "rat tail" but I call it a "duck tail" because of its propensity to stick out straight off the back of his head. I. Love it.

His hair on top is still pretty thick as he's never really lost much of it. But it tends to want to lay over to the right. Because his hair on the sides of his scalp has really thinned out and what's left us quite fine, this gives him the distinct appearance of sporting a toupee. Bird's nest, spring, duck tail, toupee...

I love my son's hair.

~M
The bond between SJ and Lincoln continues to grow.  Lincoln has taken it upon himself to sit close by to protect his new buddy.
 
~A




No comments:

Post a Comment

About Us

My photo
Indiana, United States
Molly and Amy have been friends and co-collaborators for years and now are parenting infants in tandem. Amy's baby, SJ, is her fifth. Molly's, BC, her first.