Pages

Monday, June 11, 2012

June 10, 2012


Hands

Ducky Love
                  
                                                                 
"We have the same hands."

"You're right. We have exactly the same hands."

~M


This is a picture of SJ holding on to his ducky blanket.  My daughter took it in the van when we were driving today.  He looks so peaceful holding on to it and he is already so in love with ducky.   I have a feeling ducky will provide comfort, joy, snuggles, laughter as well as be unconditionally loved by SJ for years to come.

This weekend has been quite a roller coaster ride emotionally.  From participating in my 28-year-old nephew’s wedding to reconnecting with a young man who means the world to me and is currently going through a separation.  Both of these young men are wonderful guys who have had a rough go of it and are doing the best that they can.  I have watched both of these young men grow up and love them unconditionally.  This weekend it was humbling that, in their time of need, they felt safe coming to us for much needed support.  It became a weekend full of laughter, tears, joy and sorrow.

As I look at my children, who are growing up so quickly, I want to protect their hearts, but I know that isn’t realistic.  They will inevitably experience heartache and trials.  As they do I want them to hold on to us like SJ holds on to that ducky.  I pray that they know they can always come home to unconditional love where they will find comfort, joy, snuggles and laughter!

~A



1 comment:

About Us

My photo
Indiana, United States
Molly and Amy have been friends and co-collaborators for years and now are parenting infants in tandem. Amy's baby, SJ, is her fifth. Molly's, BC, her first.