Pages

Saturday, June 16, 2012

June 15, 2012


For Perspective
Bedtime Conversations
                   
                                             
I went to a mother's gathering today with other homebirth moms. When I got there I saw two moms with little boys who looked about the same size/age as BC. But wait, these babies were sitting up. Unassisted. They had head control and everything. Hmmmmm... Come to find out the two baby boys there were 6-months and 7-months. BC is 7-weeks

People always tell me what a big baby I have but until yesterday I didn't have much to compare him to. Amy's baby SJ is a big'un too so seeing them side-by-side doesn't seem odd. But yesterday... Oh my. BC was as long as the other boys and 3lbs shy of their weight. Yowzah. 

At 6-weeks BC was 24 1/2 in. long. When I told my good friend and former roommate MM that she said, "Your baby is almost the length of my inseam. For perspective." Perspective, indeed.

~M 

 “Dad!”  I heard the scream as we were all settling down for the night.

It seemed the discussion in version 3.0 and 4.0’s room had gotten a bit heated.  It’s not uncommon for those two to find themselves in intense discussions when they finally lay down for the night.  In fact, I’ve made it a point to use the “SJ needs me” excuse often and send dad to handle bedtime.  I mean, who wouldn’t choose snuggles with a little one who looks lovingly at you and smiles every time you catch his eye over bantering boys.

They remind me of my sister and I sharing a room as kids.  One night she’d be offering to pay me to sleep on the floor and the next we’d have the most wonderful conversations dreaming about our futures together.  Memories that are very dear to my heart.

“What’s going on boys,” dad said in his deep it’s bedtime voice.
“Dad, Josh wants to be a hobo when he grows up!”
“A hobo?”
“Not a hobo, Ben! A famous hobo!”

Those two crack me up!

~A



No comments:

Post a Comment

About Us

My photo
Indiana, United States
Molly and Amy have been friends and co-collaborators for years and now are parenting infants in tandem. Amy's baby, SJ, is her fifth. Molly's, BC, her first.