Pages

Wednesday, June 27, 2012

June 26, 2012


Tip #4

"Remember When?"
                   
                                            

This one is probably pretty obvious but just in case you think you need to run out to Buy Buy Baby and buy buy for baby, here's a tip: Craigslist. For real. If you ask me, whoever invented Craigslist is a genius. You can find ANYTHING on Craigslist. We've purchased a pack'n'play, a hook-on highchair, a stuffed rocking horse, a Boppy, a Bumbo seat, an exersaucer, a play mat/gym, and baby clothes all for under $200! For. Real. 

And when we're done with all of this stuff we plan on reselling on Craigslist, which is just a bit of icing. 

~M

There is something so special about having a life long friend. I’ve witnessed the bonds between pairs that have been a part of each other’s lives from the start.  It’s a unique bond.

14 years ago I stepped into a local church for the first time and sat in the back checking things out.  I had version 1.0 sitting in the seat next to me and version 2.0 in the sling (yes I’ve always been a baby wearer).  Down the row from me sat a woman with her baby in her sling.  She immediately welcomed me to the church and we both ooo’d and awed over each other’s little bundle of joy.  They were barely a month apart in age.  

We, from that point on, began to develop a wonderful friendship.  Our children grew very close through the years as we homeschooled together and did life together.  There was a special connection for those two babies that grew into precious little girls. What a treat; listening to them tell stories, dream and imagine together. 

It was something special for me to watch.  I didn't have that same opportunity since we moved around a lot with mom's career.  I don’t remember living in the same town for more than two years and good friendships were hard to maintain at a distance. 

I’ve always said I wanted my kids to have the privilege of lifelong friendships.  To be able to share stories of when they were little.

About 5 or so years ago, human error and unfortunate circumstances separated version 2.0 and her friend.  Innocent victims to a lot of adult nonsense.

I witnessed my daughter's pain as she tried to understand why she could no longer spend time with her friend, which is why today was so special.  Today she got to go spend time with her friend and it was everything she had hoped for.    Today she was reminded of how special that friendship was as they were allowed the opportunity to share stories, dream and imagine together again.  They had a wonderful time talking about all the fun they had as little girls.  It was a few hours of... "remember when?" and "wasn't it great when we?"  A special connection and bond.

SJ and BC are starting their life journey only 19 days apart in age and a shorter distance in miles.  I’m so excited to watch them grow and learn and experience life together. I can't wait to witness the telling of stories, dreaming and imagining together.

I anticipate Molly and I will provide plenty of opportunities for fun friend adventures and, knowing Molly and I, we will be happy to create a few more adventures in our own friendship as well!

~A



1 comment:

  1. Amy!!!! I was SOOO incredibly happy to read this post about the girls. I thought of them just last week in regard to this very thing! I came across that picture I had taken of them with the parasol. It made me think of how hard it must have been for them when they stopped seeing each other. I wondered if they would ever get to catch up again. I imagined how they would still get along swimmingly if that ever happened-even after all those years of being apart. What a fantastic day! I am so happy for them!

    ~ (Miss) Joy :)

    ReplyDelete

About Us

My photo
Indiana, United States
Molly and Amy have been friends and co-collaborators for years and now are parenting infants in tandem. Amy's baby, SJ, is her fifth. Molly's, BC, her first.