Pages

Monday, June 18, 2012

June 17, 2012


His Laughter

Tough Like Dad
                     
                                                         
I bought my husband a framed print of the His Laughter story from Story People for Father's Day (if you're not familiar with Story People you should become so immediately. Visit storypeople.com). 

My husband is a wonderful man, loving husband, and an amazing father. This post, much like this day, is dedicated to him. 

ILYMTYWEK. 

~M
SJ has two of these shirts in different colors.  They were both gifts and I love them.  Not just because they are bright and cute, but because they represent truth in that Dad is tough.  I wonder if the givers of these shirts recognize how tough my hubby really is.  Today of all days I hope he knows that we recognize how wonderful he is.

I asked the kids what makes Daddy tough and this is what they said.

“He gets up at 4am and works hard at a job he doesn’t like very much”
“He’s passionate”
“He’s giving”
“He’s funny”
“He puts others needs first before his own”
“He’s strong”
“He protects us”
“He’s an improv genius”
 “The only thing he’s afraid of is sharks”
“He loves God”
“He’s the ultimate gamer”
“He tucks us in at night”
“He has five kids”
“He loves mommy a lot”
“He stands up for what he believes in”
“He is charismatic”
“He is generous”
“He is a rock star drummer”
“He loves us and not only says it but shows it”

All true!
~A



1 comment:

About Us

My photo
Indiana, United States
Molly and Amy have been friends and co-collaborators for years and now are parenting infants in tandem. Amy's baby, SJ, is her fifth. Molly's, BC, her first.