Pages

Saturday, June 30, 2012

June 29, 2012


Over It
Baby Boys
                    
                     

I have some friends getting married in a couple weeks and I have been asked to do a reading. It was also sort of hinted at that I might be free to read something that I wrote for the occasion. So I'm writing something for the occasion. And I'm afraid it is taking all of my creative writing ability at the moment which means this is all you get in the way of new-mother-related blog post today:

I am so tired of taking vitamins. Seriously. For the 9 months of my pregnancy and now the whole time I'm breastfeeding, handful of vitamins - every night. I used to not be able to swallow pills at all. I eventually was able to take sudafed - one tiny red pill at a time. And now look at this mess'a'vits I have to take! I'm over it. But of course I'm not really over it because I still take them - every night. Oh, for the love of... My kid. 

~M

Today I ventured out with SJ and version 1.0 for a packed full schedule.  Bank, Menards, and then a stop at a local bookstore where 1.0 was to give his application directly to the manager in hopes of gaining part time employment. 

A moment that took my breath away.  I watched him walk into the store with his nicely filled out application looking so grown up and ready for a new adventure.  Bitter sweet doesn’t even cover it.  I am beyond proud of the young man he has turned out to be.  He is comfortable in his own skin.  What more could I ask for? 

It was a busy day out with my oldest and my youngest.  Our last stop was at my mom's house.  I helped her get some technology set up while 1.0 cared for SJ.

After an hour or so, this is how I found them.  SJ sound asleep with his big brother.  Somehow SJ is happy to just sit with 1.0.  No need for walking or bouncing really.  Just sit together.

16 years between these boys and the similarities are uncanny.  Maybe it’s just that I remember the details of my firstborn, as everything was new to me; or maybe I am more aware of the details with SJ as an older mommy.  I’m not sure, but what I do know is that these two have an understanding between them.  They communicate in a way that only they understand and I love it.

I also know that they both are, and will always be, my baby boys.

~A 


No comments:

Post a Comment

About Us

My photo
Indiana, United States
Molly and Amy have been friends and co-collaborators for years and now are parenting infants in tandem. Amy's baby, SJ, is her fifth. Molly's, BC, her first.