Pages

Saturday, June 23, 2012

June 22, 2012


Tip #3

Forever Young
                    
                                                              
Since there was such a fun reaction to my last "Tip" post I knew it'd be impossible to top. So here's a simple one for you: join a forum. 

I'm a member of not one but two online mom forums and let me tell you, it's been great. Not only is it wonderful to read all the questions and concerns that other moms have - because I have the same ones - but it's also some really good reading during nursing sessions and bouts of baby-sleep-schedule-induced-insomnia. 

New moms are some crazy town. It's nice to feel a sense of community. 

~M
 Three mile walk with SJ in the stroller
Listened to Pandora radio
Nice soundtrack to my life
Trying to get back into shape
A little tougher this time around
“Advanced years”, the OB called it
Pandora Radio lost connection
Nothing but the sound of passing cars
SJ sleeps
The voices in my head protest
“Advanced Schmanced”
“I really need to get my house clean?”
“Did I finish that report for work?”
“Uh oh, who’s picking the kids up from bible study?”
“I bet no one fed the dog”
“Ahhh is that my shadow? What happened?”

Yeah…  it’s a hot mess in there sometimes.
Music kicks back in
Bob Dylan’s “Forever Young”
How appropriate

"Forever Young"

May God bless and keep you always
May your wishes all come true
May you always do for others
And let others do for you
May you build a ladder to the stars
And climb on every rung
May you stay forever young
Forever young, forever young
May you stay forever young.

May you grow up to be righteous
May you grow up to be true
May you always know the truth
And see the lights surrounding you
May you always be courageous
Stand upright and be strong
May you stay forever young
Forever young, forever young
May you stay forever young.

May your hands always be busy
May your feet always be swift
May you have a strong foundation
When the winds of changes shift
May your heart always be joyful
And may your song always be sung
May you stay forever young
Forever young, forever young
     May you stay forever young.

~A





No comments:

Post a Comment

About Us

My photo
Indiana, United States
Molly and Amy have been friends and co-collaborators for years and now are parenting infants in tandem. Amy's baby, SJ, is her fifth. Molly's, BC, her first.