Pages

Friday, July 20, 2012

July 19, 2012


Craving
Hold Me
                  
                                              

When I was pregnant the only thing I craved was cream cheese. It was a hard-core craving. I seriously could have eaten an entire vat of it with a spoon - no bagels or crackers needed. "I'll take a bagel with plain cream cheese, hold the bagel." But I think, as cravings go, it could have been worse. Could have been milkshakes or, ya know, vodka or the like. 

Now that I'm unpregnant I still crave cream cheese. I don't crave it with the same fervor I did while pregnant, but there is a certain draw towards the substance I can't deny. At least now I don't feel tempted to dig in with a spoon. Now I just want cream cheese everything. If I'm eating out and a menu item has cream cheese in the description or, better yet, the title I will order it. Needless to say, I'm super excited about BC and I having brunch with a friend and her son at Good Mornin' Mama's tomorrow. Their spinach melt is loaded with cream cheese. 

~M

I think SJ is teething.  He’s been a bit fussier and definitely clinging to momma. 

Everyone keeps saying, “so soon?”  Yes he is three and a half months old and 1.0 got his first tooth at 3 months so I’m not surprised. 

Several times today he has given me a look accompanied by a small whimper and when I look in his eyes it’s as if he is saying, “hold me momma”.  Even though some may think it’s just my excuse for holding him more (not that I need one), when I pick him up he sighs in the same way I do when I sit down for a minute to rest. 

Whatever escape I am providing for him as he snuggles and sighs is a good thing as we both find relief and comfort in the closeness.

~A


No comments:

Post a Comment

About Us

My photo
Indiana, United States
Molly and Amy have been friends and co-collaborators for years and now are parenting infants in tandem. Amy's baby, SJ, is her fifth. Molly's, BC, her first.