Pages

Friday, July 6, 2012

July 5, 2012


(In) Decision

Hair
                    
                                     
BC goes to see our family doctor tomorrow morning. This is a standard well-baby visit, his first since leaving our midwife's care at 6-weeks. I love our doctor. The first time I went to see her she actually sat and talked with me, treated me like a real person, made eye contact and everything! She was even supportive of our decision to have an OB-free birth. I love our doctor. I'm sure BC will love her too. But I'm nervous for tomorrow. 

I'm nervous because I'm still not entirely sure where I stand on the issue of immunization. It is such a heavily debated issue with so much conviction on either side that it begins to be a bit overwhelming - especially for new parents. With many of the child-rearing decisions I've had to make this far I've always just trusted my instincts. That seems to have served me well. But on this issue I am at a loss. I see both sides of the debate and my instincts are not leaning either way. I've no clear decision and yet the pressure to make a decision, and the potential consequence of said decision, is great. 

So I'm nervous for tomorrow. I believe, and hope, our doctor will accept any decision we make. I just don't know what that decision will be yet. 

~M

Things are getting hairy around here.  SJ’s is coming in and mine is falling out.  I had forgotten how after childbirth hormones change and one of the side effects is hair loss.  Now I’m not going bald by any means, but one would wonder by the amount of hair I am finding throughout the house. 

It wouldn’t be so bad if it were the grey ones only that fell out, but no such luck.  They are holding on for dear life.

~A 


No comments:

Post a Comment

About Us

My photo
Indiana, United States
Molly and Amy have been friends and co-collaborators for years and now are parenting infants in tandem. Amy's baby, SJ, is her fifth. Molly's, BC, her first.