Pages

Tuesday, July 24, 2012

July 23, 2012


Only You and Me
Too Cool
                                
                                            
I waited for you
With anticipatory breath,
Bated so as not to seem
Too wild, for 41 1/2 weeks.

Then suddenly you were upon us.

Your head.
I remember your Papa
Saying, "stand up!"
As if to greet you properly.

Then your little slippery body
Into my hands.
A dull echo of voices
Somewhere far away.

Head spinning,
You looked so small
Yet too big to have
Come from me.

Your hair,
Your fingers,
Your nose and ears.
Yourself.

In that moment
It was
Only you and me
In the world.

~M
We finally figured out what to do to protect SJ’s eyes from the sun.  At least now he will open them when we go outside and it is sunny.

~A


No comments:

Post a Comment

About Us

My photo
Indiana, United States
Molly and Amy have been friends and co-collaborators for years and now are parenting infants in tandem. Amy's baby, SJ, is her fifth. Molly's, BC, her first.