Pages

Tuesday, July 31, 2012

July 30, 2012

Toes
Self-Soothing and Tummy Time
                                 
                                        

What is it that babies find so fascinating about their toes? A couple weeks ago BC saw his toes for the first time. Last week, while I was chatting with my mom, he was in my lap and she said, "look! He's got his toes in his mouth!" And sure enough, he did. Now it seems every chance he gets he is staring at, reaching for, or attempting to suck on his toes. And it seems like all babies exhibit this behavior at one point or another. 

Why?

No, I'm really asking. That wasn't a rhetorical question used to set up my next paragraph. I seriously want to know why. So, if you know, let me know too, would you? I'd appreciate it. 

~M

SJ has no trouble finding his thumb these days.  He has that self-soothing thing figured out and often times sings while sucking his thumb.  He’s not even particular about which thumb he finds.  An ambidextrous thumb sucker is he.

Today I was getting some long overdue work done at the computer while SJ played on the floor nearby.  He had been talking away and when things quieted down I looked over my screen only to find he had rolled from his back to his belly!  Stop the madness!!!  I guess it was a lot easier for him to suck his thumb that way. 


~A


No comments:

Post a Comment

About Us

My photo
Indiana, United States
Molly and Amy have been friends and co-collaborators for years and now are parenting infants in tandem. Amy's baby, SJ, is her fifth. Molly's, BC, her first.