Pages

Saturday, August 11, 2012

August 10, 2012

Nails
School
                   
                      
Operation Fingernail Cut SUCCESS! Yet another thing you don't really think about before having kids (at least I didn't): they need their nail to be cut. And, naturally, you're the one that will have to cut them. Although seemingly a simple task, let me assure you, it is not. For starters, baby fingernails are small. And they're on small little hands. Small little wiggly hands. So you wait until baby is asleep to cut them. But when baby is asleep you are probably sleeping with him, or you don't want to take a chance in waking him, or just forget to take advantage of the sleep stage to cut his fingernails. So, for several days in a row, after every nap, you end up saying, "Arg! I really need to cut his nails!" Eventually you do get them cut but the thing about small baby fingernail on small wiggly baby hands is that they need to be cut about twice a week. Means this task is always on your to-do list. That and cutting his little baby toenails. 

~M

Today 1.0, 2.0, 3.0 and 4.0 headed back to school.  SJ and I saw them out the door and greeted them when they came home.  Bitter sweet.  I mean it’s been crazy wild recently here with all the kids activities and I’ve been looking forward to getting back into a routine, but I’m a little sad that they are growing up so fast. It’s shocking that I have two high schoolers, a new middle schooler and my now fourth grader is no longer my baby. 

SJ beamed when he saw them come through the door one by one sharing the news of their day and they couldn’t wait to tell him all about it because they missed him a lot too.
  

~A



No comments:

Post a Comment

About Us

My photo
Indiana, United States
Molly and Amy have been friends and co-collaborators for years and now are parenting infants in tandem. Amy's baby, SJ, is her fifth. Molly's, BC, her first.