Pages

Wednesday, August 22, 2012

August 21, 2012

Ignorance Abounds
Dinnertime Fun
                                     
                               
Saddened. Sickened. Dumbfounded. All ways to describe my feelings upon reading Rep. Todd Akin's now-infamous comment concerning "legitimate" rape. How did this man get to be where he is being so ignorant? Come to think of it, how did he make it to adulthood being so ignorant?? Women's reproductive systems (or, in his words, "that whole thing") and women's rights must not have ever been at the top of his "stuff I should know a little bit about before I start to legislate it" list.

I'm now reading the GOP is withdrawing its financial backing for Rep. Akin and urging him to drop out of the U.S. Senate race in MO. And most every Republican candidate in the nation won't touch him with a 10-foot pole. That's all very self-serving, of course, but I'm still more than fine with it if it means this man never getting elected to public office again.

As for me? I'm voting in support of women this November. And I'm going to do my damnedest to raise my son to be the biggest feminist on the playground.

~M
We have started putting SJ in his little chair when we have dinner together.  He loves is.  He talks to us all and plays with his toys.  Gosh he is growing sooooooo fast!

~A




No comments:

Post a Comment

About Us

My photo
Indiana, United States
Molly and Amy have been friends and co-collaborators for years and now are parenting infants in tandem. Amy's baby, SJ, is her fifth. Molly's, BC, her first.