Pages

Saturday, August 4, 2012

August 3, 2012

SAHM
Upside Down Boy
        
                           
Today was my last day at my job. I quit my full-time job because, well, I just couldn't do it; I couldn't go back to work full-time and leave BC. This decision was, in many ways, a very difficult one. But in the only way that counts, it was easy. Since I made that decision I have gotten one of only two reactions from women when they learn of my plans. They either say, "I was the same way! I couldn't go back and so I quit my job." or "I wish so much that I would have been able to do that. I'll never get that time back." So, yes, confirmation that I have done the right thing. This is a very odd thing. I have worked for the last 15 years. Been full-time employed for the past 12 years. And now... Well, I suppose my higher calling work is upon me. As of 4:00 PM today I am officially a SAHM.

~M
SJ’s new favorite thing to do is throw himself backwards.  I’m not sure why, but I think it’s because the world looks very interesting upside down.  It’s really the cutest thing, except when he decides to do it and I’m not prepared.



~A


No comments:

Post a Comment

About Us

My photo
Indiana, United States
Molly and Amy have been friends and co-collaborators for years and now are parenting infants in tandem. Amy's baby, SJ, is her fifth. Molly's, BC, her first.