Pages

Friday, August 24, 2012

August 23, 2012


You're My Baby
Milk Drunk
                                      
                           
I think one of the nicest things about being a mom at this point is that I get to be my baby's pacifier. I get to provide comfort and security, be a source of calm and quiet, and deliver all the sustenance he needs. This, I would say, is empowering. There have been (and will be) times when BC was unable to be soothed, but those are the exceptions. Mostly, an embrace, a lullaby, a nursing, or just a warm touch will be just what he needs. And when it is I wonder if, while he calms, he ever thinks to himself, "you're my Mama." I know that every single time I calm him, I can't help but think to myself, "you're my baby."

~M
 Yeah... nothing like being mild drunk outside on a beautiful day!

~A




No comments:

Post a Comment

About Us

My photo
Indiana, United States
Molly and Amy have been friends and co-collaborators for years and now are parenting infants in tandem. Amy's baby, SJ, is her fifth. Molly's, BC, her first.