Pages

Thursday, August 16, 2012

August 15, 2012

Birth Choices
I Wish I Knew Then What I Know Now
                       
                
Okay folks, the Indiana Midwifery Taskforce is hosting a fundraiser: Preserving Indiana Birth Choices Red Tent Event. It will be on Saturday, October 27th from 10:00-4:00 at the Commonwealth Apartments Gymnasium (23 N. Rural). More information: 

Come be a part of history in the Indy Birth Community! We are coming together to support our local midwives and to preserve Indiana birth choices! Booth fee proceeds, sponsor fee proceeds, and any other donations received will go to the Indiana Midwifery Taskforce to raise funds to promote legislation to license Certified Professional Midwives in Indiana. 

This event is for everyone! ALL people (men, women, and children) who support ALL birth choices in Indiana are welcome!

Many activities including a Red Tent space to tell birth stories, vendor/exhibitor booths, silent auction, babywearing fashion show, raffle, face painting, speakers, and more!

Donations at the door welcomed :)

Donations can also be sent to Paypal at fundraisingforimt@comcast.net or checks made out and mailed to:

Indiana Midwifery Taskforce
PO Box 6145
Bloomington, IN 47407


Plan on attending if, for no other reason, only for the raffle. =)

~M
Today Molly and I are dedicating our blog to supporting Indiana Birth Choices.  https://www.facebook.com/events/117549555057976/

There are so many reasons I love this cause. 

I wasn’t as informed when 1.0 made his way into the world.  We didn’t have all the information at our fingertips as we do these days with the internet.  Honestly, at that time in our lives we had one car and even a trip to the library was difficult.  When I went to the hospital to have 1.0 I sure wish I would have had a midwife or a doula at my side.  Instead I was strapped to a hospital bed and monitored and hence in labor for more than 24 hours.  Not the easiest of deliveries.

With SJ we chose a midwife clinic and chose to have our little guy at a local hospital that allows midwife deliveries.  The bottom line is that we made the choice and I was able to finally have the birth experience I had always dreamed possible.



~A




1 comment:

About Us

My photo
Indiana, United States
Molly and Amy have been friends and co-collaborators for years and now are parenting infants in tandem. Amy's baby, SJ, is her fifth. Molly's, BC, her first.